The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Fondue, Cheese and Chocolate! I Must be in Switzerland!

We had a late arrival in Lucerne, so I'm sorry to say I don't have much to share with you, but after a day in Zurich I go back to Lucerne and I will have plenty to tell you about. 

So let's kick this off with my day in Zurich!  

Well for starters, today is Sunday.  And in Zurich, nothing is open on Sunday!  So I enjoyed my day window shopping and sightseeing......in the rain.
 




The Grossmünster
The Fraumunster

St. Peterskirche
 

I don't know if you knew this, but Lindt Chocolates are from Switzerland!   I can't resist chocolate, so to show what a chocolate lover I am I wanted to stand under the sign and make it official.



 
Having just a little more fun before heading back to Lucerne.




 
The minute I arrived back in Lucerne, I headed straight to a local restaurant that the had the best fondue.  It was like heaven in a hotpot.

 
First I start with some wonderful cheese fondue!

 
And then of course I have to have some of that amazing Swiss Chocolate!



 


Ended my day in Lucerne with a little sight seeing and souvenir shopping.
 
Right outside the restaurant there happened to be a street parade going on!



Hofkirche


 



The Lion Monument
 
 
My day has come to an end and it's time to get a good nights rest before tomorrows next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment