The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Athens

We began our day with a bus tour through Athens with a stop at the site of the 2004 Olympics.  It's pretty sad to know that the cost of hosting the games was approximately 9 billion euros with the majority of sporting venues built specifically for the games.  And now the majority of the newly constructed stadiums lie abandoned.  

 
 
Okay, on to a walking tour through "The Acropolis".

I have been to the Acropolis before, and it is still an amazing place to me.  When you get to the top you get an amazing view of all of Athens.
 

To hear the history of this ancient place was like I never left.  See the last time I was here, I was a lot younger. I'm quite surprised I can still remember this place, but I guess when you think about it, its pretty hard to forget!
 
 

 







 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment