The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Beautiful Puerto Viejo

When we arrived in Puerto Viejo we were dropped off right in front of the ocean, the whole group circled around a basketball court to discuss the plans further.  The town looked very small, very colorful and lots of cute little shops, restaurants, and bars in the area.










We walked for about 10 to 15 minutes to the bungalows.  When we got to the bungalows you saw hammocks hanging in front of each room outside.  There were lots of flowers and bushes surrounding the courtyard area, very beautiful.  Once we were assigned our room key we went to the rooms, they had a very romantic atmosphere to them.  Canopies hanging over the beds, which I came to find out were mosquito nets, the bathrooms were very clean and upscale.






 
Sloth at the hotel!! Crazy
Once we got settled into our rooms everyone went and dispersed out, some people went to eat and others went to the beach.  I decided to scope the area out and see what the town had to offer.

I discovered a very nice spa, Jungle Spa, which I will discuss shortly in the next post or two.  I found a place nearby that was a hostel, but they also rented bicycles.





I also went to a restaurant that one of the ladies on the tour recommended, and I checked out the menu to see what they had to offer.  I further made a reservation for myself and two other ladies to come with me for dinner.  I spoke with the owner and he was going to put together a special tasting menu for us.



After I finished scoping things out we had a tour meeting to decide what everyone was doing for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment