The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Monday, June 2, 2014

Back to Paris

Today I had to say good bye to Monte Carlo.  And HELLO Paris!!  The flight is roughly a little over an hour so surprisingly they serve free drinks and a nice little French snack like a cookie or cracker.

After checking into my hotel I headed over to one of the Bridge of Locks. There just so happens to be two of them, Pont des Arts and Pont de l'Archevêché
 
For those of you who haven’t heard of this, here's the story. A couple writes their names on a padlock and locks it onto one of the bridges. They then throw the key into the Seine River as a symbol of their undying love.
 

Me, I just had my picture taken for shear memory of it all!!


Just in case you haven't heard, since I was here in June apparently the rail had so many locks on it that it collapsed in September.  Read about it here

Now off to the Cathedral of Notre Dame, one of the most well known Cathedral's in the World.   When I walked in, I was in awe! I had never seen anything so magnificent and sacred.  As I walked around I felt like I was in a place of peace and serenity.  The mood that is set when you are walking around, you can feel the spirits floating around protecting you.


 

 

 

My last stop today is the Louvre.  I can't wait to get inside and see the Mona Lisa!  I have only an hour to get through this massive museum and see as much as I can!














 













Well it's been a long day and I have some personal chores to tend to before heading to Lyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment