The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Steins and Castles of the Rhine Valley

Today our tour takes us to the peaceful and quaint town of St. Goar in the middle of the Rhine Valley.
 
 
We were treated to a presentation about the craft of making the famous German beer steins. 
 

I couldn't believe how many different types of steins there were lining the shelves!
 

 
They even had steins made from steer horns!

 
The choices were overwhelming, but I think I found the one I want!!
 
 
I loved strolling through the streets of St. Goar and having the largest castle on the Rhine looming high above.

Rheinfels Castle
I couldn't think of a better way to end my day then to take a late afternoon cruise on the Rhine!

 


 











After a nights stay, it was time to say good-bye to this beautiful little place, St Goar.

No comments:

Post a Comment