The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cruising the Greek Islands - Day 4

Tonight is the night, the moment I have been waiting for, the moment where dreams and reality collide. 

The journey began as we're picked up by a small boat and transported across to the island of Santorini


We then boarded a coach that took us up the winding mountain road to the beautiful Oia ( pronounced Ia).  When we arrived it was evident that this was just as picturesque as I had imagined.  We all whipped out our cameras as we toddled up the marble pathways that lead to the endless and breathless views of Oia.

 
 
 Here I am, basking in the beautiful glow of the sun on the hill tops, the mirror of the water so incredibly blue, and blinded by the reflection of the houses so white, resting gently on each other.
 


Now, for all you hopeless romantics out there, put this on your bucket list and whisk your partner away, you will surely be rewarded! I personally would spend a day or two on this island if given the chance to come back.

I also highly recommend taking yourself off the beaten track to discover a quaint spot where you could get a glimpse of the Blue Ocean and beautiful buildings as I did.  Take a moment to breathe it all in.  Inhale.... Its good to be in Greece, exhale, its great to be in Santorini!!! I can't believe I'm lucky enough to be here enjoying such an amazing experience. Please don't pinch me!




 
 Now onto Fira. Fira is the capitol of Santorini and is where you have the opportunity to be like a local and take a donkey ride down the rugged hill.  Or take a simpler option and catch the cable car.


 
I think I know now what the secret of Santorini is.......Do you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment