The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Return To The Muenchin Land

Well folks, last year in the month of June I was in Munich just for the night. I had it set that I would come back to Munich in the future to have more time to explore the city itself.  On a whim a couple months ago I decided I would take a big trip to Europe and start my travels in Munich.  What swayed me to choose Munich first was Oktoberfest.

So I decided to get up close and personal this time with Munich. Yea I said it, up close and personal. Give me the Oktoberfest Parades, the beer, and the history of this large city.  I want excitement I want culture, I wanna be with people who know how to have a good time.

Radius Tours made my sightseeing in Munich much more interesting. I even got a special pass to go to Oktoberfest with the tour company.  Radius Tours is a very well known tour company located at the Munich Central Train Station.  This business is constantly booming, especially when Oktoberfest is going on.  Tours tend to get sold out over a month in advance. So make sure to book out ahead of time. Their tour guides are very knowledgeable of the city and very friendly so feel free to ask questions on the tours if you don't understand something or you want to learn more about a specific topic.

Watching the Oktoberfest Parade was a the perfect way for me to kick things off!

In 1835, the parade was first held in honor of the 25th wedding anniversary of Oktoberfest founders King Ludwig I and his wife Theresie. Since 1950, it has become a regular event. The traditional costumes parade takes place Every first Oktoberfest Sunday. In 2015, the parade starts at 10 o’clock on September 20th.








Now let's get to celebrating Oktoberfest!!
German Band playing a tune or two, while everyone drinks. 
If you stay long enough you will see some real fun happen

Can you believe how many beer mugs she can carry.

A feast worth cheering for
Hofbrauhas Tent



This tent is not actually packed, its during the week so its much slower than on the weekends. Where would you sit if you went over a weekend? Maybe on the ground or on someones lap, ha ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment