The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hello Paris!

I've arrived in one of the most beautiful cities in the World!  It was so surreal to me that I was in another Country.  It really hit me when I heard people around me speaking French.  As I took a look around everyone seems to look the same as people do in the United States, except for the accents.  Surprisingly a lot of people spoke very good English at the airport.  My suggestion would be to bring a book or phrases on how to speak French just in case you do come across people who don't speak English.

Lucky for me, the lines through customs did not seem bad at all, but I can bet that it wouldn't be like that every time. My tour company, Insight Vacations was there to pick me up and take me to my hotel where I would be staying for 3 nights!

As we were driving down the highway, it seemed more like a road versus a highway.  I was quite surprised that there was a bit of traffic in the middle of the day.  But that gave me an excuse to take more pictures of the unique architecture of the buildings.





Yep, McDonalds is everywhere!









Wow! They are serious about train transportation here in Europe!


Oh I'm so confused!!

When we arrived at the Pullman Hotel, it was very posh and upscale.  Everyone seemed to be very sweet and hospitable.  This is where I met with the tour guide who is a local of France. 



 
Once I was all settled in, everyone in the tour group walked to this cute little place called Bercy Village for dinner.  This place was so cute with cobble stone streets lined with shops and restaurants with terraces!


Bercy Village
 
My dinner tonight was pretty basic, not the French cuisine I was hoping for....maybe later.
 

Salmon, green beans and mashed potatoes

Here's to a great first day in Paris!


 
Sante'



No comments:

Post a Comment