The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Whistler, Canada

Today I am on my way to Whistler from Vancouver.  I had so many choices for my mode of transportation,  what ever shall I choose? A shuttle, a taxi, or a bus?  Those are the obvious, but I wanted something a little different.  How about a private car service!!  Heck, I've always wanted to be chauffeured  around while traveling!

So I contacted "Whistler Wired".  My driver picked me up right on time, and he was very informative about Whistler.  
Now, my driver did like sharing some wonderful information about Whistler, but I truly loved that he was willing to help me capture some of this beauty on our drive up.



My accommodations for the next 3 days is at the gorgeous Westin Resort and Spa, which is ideally located in the centre of Whistler Village, just steps from the Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain gondolas.


The Westin has a modern feel with a twist of the outdoors. Grizzly Bear and all! 
While checking in I asked a couple of questions about the area and discovered that there is a wonderful trail that leads to Lost Lake.  Alright I definitely have to check out this Lost Lake and find out why it seems to be a must see, but first I have to see my room.
And this is my view!

Time for a little exploring now!  I don't know if you realize this or not, but I am actually in the 2010 Winter Olympics Village.  This is where all the athletes stayed during the events.  As I am walking around, I remember my driver had mentioned that Whistler is divided into 2 villages. One is the Upper Village and the other is the Lower Village. The Lower Village is popp'in with summer adventurers and people of all ages doing twirls and flips on their mountain bikes.  I loved seeing people sitting outside some of the colorful restaurants having a quick bite and a beer chatting it up about their agenda for tomorrow.







I thought I would do some window shopping, I was a kid in a candy store popping in and out of shops like Lulu Lemon, a Canadian based company, NorthFace, Columbia, Foot Locker and many more.  I continue on through the cobblestone pathway guiding me through the delightful floral arrangements complete with streams and waterfalls.


I stumble a cross a giant replica of the Olympic rings and behind it is a grass area used for event space, continuing on around the corner there are more shops and restaurants.

All that walking and window shopping made me a bit hungry.  I thought it would be great to actually go back to my room and enjoy the view and relax while I had a little something to eat.  With so many choices I decided to ask the Concierge at my hotel for his recommendations on a good place that delivers!  He recommended Avalanche Pizza which just so happens to be the best pizza in Whistler!   Organic pizza and gluten free pizza dough.  The owner of the company, Rick, is originally from Toronto. When he decided to move to Whistler he opened Avalanche Pizza and he has been the only business in 20 years that has lasted here in the village.  He made me a special pizza, one half of it was called the butter chicken also known as the curry chicken, the other half of the pizza had spinach and mushrooms with sprinkled ricotta cheese. I have never had any pizza or seen any pizza like this one. Make sure to try his pies when you are in Whistler. They truly are a great pizza place.

Well this girl needs to get rested up!
Because Whistler has a great variety of activities you can do!
If you have been following me and my travels, you know how much I love a great adrenaline rush!  And there are plenty of outdoor activities for me to choose from to fulfill this, need for speed!   Hmmm, which shall I choose?
Zip lining?  Riding an ATV?  Mountain biking?
Well who said I had to pick just one?
I've decided to fill my day tomorrow with some outdoor activities to get the adrenaline pumping through my veins!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment