The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Aran Islands

This morning I am anxious to take a little cruise over to the Aran Islands!

And to help me do this I booked with a great tour company "Lally Tours"
From my hotel I took a bus to the city center of Galway where I then made a short 5 minute walk to Lally Tours.
Lally Tours gets you to where you need to go!  They worked with my schedule and provided me the bus and ferry transfers I needed to get to the Aran Islands.  However, once on Inis Mor, (Inishmore) I was free to roam this beautiful island on my own!

After about 40 minutes, I could see that my decision to visit Inis Mor was going to be amazing!
Note:  Lally Tours does not provide transportation once on the Aran Islands.  However, there are options on getting around once you disembark from the ferry.  You can choose from a line of vehicles waiting with locals ready to take you on your adventure, or rent a bike and peddle the island.  I chose a driver with a van!


The island of Inis Mór (Inishmore) meaning the big island, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Ireland.  It is Well known internationally with over 50 different monuments of Christian, pre Christian and Celtic mythological heritage. There isn’t far you can go before being somewhere where there’s something of historical interest and little reason to question its importance in modern Irish Culture.



Dun Aonghasa is Isnis Mor's biggest attraction and that is where I'm headed!
Oh but wait, I must have a picture of this traditional Irish home!



I better let you know that once you arrive at Dun Aonghasa..........


...........You must walk to get to the top!



That's where I'm headed, see it?



A beautiful view looking back at the Atlantic Ocean



Happy Cows!
Kind of looks like the surface of the moon, don't you think?

And at the top, the views are unbelievable!!








Located on the 300ft cliff side or south side of Inismór, Dun Aonghasa is a semi circular stone fort over looking the Atlantic with daunting and dramatic views that stretch the length of the Island.



Just to give you a little perspective on just how small these passage ways are, I'm 5'3" tall!!


While making my way back to the ferry I was able to see more of the country side and history of this island.










A mix of old with the new


Since I have a new friend, I will have to make sure I come back!


I loved sharing my day on Inis Mor with you!  And again please consider Lally Tours and tell them Carla from Carlas Got The Travel Bug sent you!!

2 comments:

  1. you can Sell Monero For USD Dollar in desier in crytocurrency exchange and monero money transfer with cash in paypal and bank in account . you pay me bank deposit money and tradation and socity anything.you can convert sell xmr to cash convert in paypal in other source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Niihau Tours

    ReplyDelete